Closing your pool down at the end of the season can dampen your spirits. You don't want to see another season go by. Instead of worrying about all this, let us do it for you. We want to make sure that when you open your pool in the spring the down time to swim again is minimal. Here is what we can do for you:
- Water Problems: Before we close your pool, have your water tested by our ALEX Water Analysis Program to clear up any existing problems. We will then add a chemical winter kit according to your pool size to help through the winter and make opening your pool easier.
- Cleaning: We will vacuum the pool, skim the surface, brush the walls, and perform any other maintenance needed to ensure a clean pool at opening.
- Prepare Equipment for Winter: Freeze damage can be costly, we will remove all plugs from pumps, filter, heater, and any other equipment. Ladders and the diving board (if necessary) will be removed if the obstruct with the cover. If necessary, the water level will be dropped below the skimmers to remove water from the lines and to make sure the pool doesn't overflow. Gizmos (freeze protects) will be placed in the skimmers to prevent any freeze damage from occurring. Any other winter plugs needed in the pool will be inserted. If necessary anti-freeze will be put in vulnerable areas to help prevent freeze damage.
- Covering Pool: We will stretch and cover your pool accordingly. If using a standard winter cover with water bags, we will fill those bags and place them around the pool on the cover. With a safety cover, anchors will be raised so we can attach the straps. In the case of a solid cover requiring a cover pump, we will plug it in and place it on the cover.
A few things to keep in mind over the winter:
- Try to keep the cover free of debris and excess water, this will make opening easier.
- If you have a solid cover with a cover pump, keep it clear of debris so it can work properly. If you notice large amounts of water gathering on the cover give us a call, you may have a faulty pump.